Powered by Blogger.
Share
Pin It

Ped Xing


on , , , , ,

No comments

I wrote this poem on October 8, 2004.  I edited it tonight as I felt that there are certain lines that I felt weren't able to show what I really want.  8 years ago, I might not know how to express how I felt at that time.  Seeing this old poem and remembering the past, I figured out what was missing and perhaps after another 8 years, I might again edit this piece until it achieve its perfection.  Hope you'll like this.

PED XING


in school you learned
to stop and look

from left to right
before crossing
the street.

remembering
to stop on red

and walk on green.
you were cautioned

to be careful.
stepping on

the white stripes
your shadow's a-
head of you then

stopped on red
then walked on green.

years would pass like
turning pages,
like blurring hues

of speeding cars.
you bravely dared

cross each speeding curse
you've forgotten
what was once taught

to stop on red
walk on green.

hit by a bus,
like a bee rushing
you saw what's comming

that "courage" is neither a virtue
nor "trust", a friend

breathless,
you ran on red
you now rest on green.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...